At Pace Law firm, we understand that you do not need a lawyer to make a separation agreement, but it is a vital to get legal advice before you sign one. At Pace Law firm, our team of reputable staff have extensive knowledge and experience in spousal support matters to achieve the most just and fair outcome possible. Whatever your needs are, we encourage you to contact us for a free, no obligation, confidential 30 minute in person or remote video consultation to discuss your matter. We are here to help.
What is Spousal Support?
Spousal support is the money paid by one spouse to the other after they separate or divorce.
- Help a spouse become financially self-sufficient
- Prevent a spouse from experiencing serious financial difficulty
- Share the costs of caring for children (if applicable)
- Compensate one spouse for being financially disadvantaged during the relationship
How to set up Spousal Support?
Separation agreement must follow certain rules in order to be legally binding and enforceable.
Sign a support arrangement outside of the court and make support payments directly to your spouse. The Family Responsibility Office enforces child and spousal support payments to make sure the support is paid regularly.
If you and your partner cannot agree to a spousal support amount, you may choose to go to court and ask a judge to decide.
Factors for Consideration
- The financial requirements of each spouse
- How long you and your spouse were married
- What roles you and your spouse took on during your marriage
- How your children will be cared for (if applicable)
Determining spousal support
At Pace Law firm, we can help you determine the appropriate amount of spousal support for your circumstances. We will guide you every step of the way and discuss how the spousal support advisory guidelines apply to your situation. Our reputable team of legal experts have successfully represented and continue to represent our clients with the utmost care and respect they deserve. For over 40 years, our eminent lawyers have upheld our values and commitment in ensuring that we continuously provide our clients with the best advocacy possible.